Gustaf VI Adolf, King of Sweden
|Birthname||Oscar Fredrik Wilhelm Olaf Gustaf Adolf|
|born on||11 November 1882 at 16:25 (= 4:25 PM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LST m18e03 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°10' 26°44 Asc. 12°01'|
Swedish royalty, the son of Gustave V and Victoria of Baden. An outstanding athlete as a youth, he helped organize the Stockholm Olympics in 1912. Gustave was also interested in archaeology and in Chinese art.
He married Princess Margaret of Britain in 1905, was widowed in 1920 and made a second marriage, to Louise Mountbatten of Britain in 1923. Their son, Prince Gustav Adolf died in 1947.
Gustave VI reigned from 10/30/1950 to his death on 9/15/1973, Halsingborg, Sweden. He was succeeded by his grandson, Carl XVI Gustaf.
- parent->child relationship with Bernadotte, Sigvard (born 7 June 1907)
- parent->child relationship with Bertil, Prince of Sweden (born 28 February 1912)
- parent->child relationship with Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten (born 22 April 1906)
- parent->child relationship with Ingrid, Queen of Denmark (born 28 March 1910)
- child->parent relationship with Gustaf V, King of Sweden (born 16 June 1858)
- child->parent relationship with Victoria, Queen Consort of Sweden (born 7 August 1862)
- spouse relationship with Margaret, Crown Princess of Sweden (born 15 January 1882)
- sibling relationship with Erik, Duke of Västmanland (born 20 April 1889)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm, Duke of Södermanland (born 17 June 1884)
- other kin relationship with Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden (born 30 April 1946). Notes: Grandfather
- other kin relationship with Oscar II, King of Sweden-Norway (born 21 January 1829). Notes: Grandfather
- Relationship : Marriage 1905 (Princess Margaret of Britain)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1912 (Organized Stockholm Olympics)
- Death of Mate 1920 (Princess Margaret)
- Relationship : Marriage 1923 (Second wife, Louise Mountbatten)
- Death of Child 1947 (Son, Prince Gustav Adolf)
- Death, Cause unspecified 15 September 1973 at 12:00 noon in Halsingborg, Sweden (Age 90)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Lyndoe in American Astrology 5/1964; same in NN No.912
Sy Scholfield quotes from his Swedish Wikipedia entry: "Lördagen den 11 november 1882 kl. 16.25 nedkom kronprinsessan Victoria med kronprins Gustafs äldste son." . The source is given as Gamle kungen: Gustaf VI Adolf: en biografi by Kjell Fridh (Stockholm: Wahlström & Widstrand, 1995). Scholfield also found a birth report: "GENERAL TELEGRAMS: FRANCE," The Observer [London (UK)], 12 Nov. 1882, p. 5: "Stockholm, Nov. 11. The Crown Princess Victoria was safely delivered of a son at half-past four o'clock this afternoon."
- Traits : Personality : Active (Athletic)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Princess Margaret)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Prince Gustav Adolf)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (90 years old)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Sweden)