|born on||26 March 1881|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LST m12e29 (is standard time)|
Italian entrepreneur, the founder of the House of Gucci fashion empire. As a boy, he went to London where he got a job at the Hotel Savoy washing dishes, then waiting table. He closely observed the tailoring and style of the hotel's rich clients and when he returned to Florence, he began to work in the leather business. He spoke three languages fluently.
Guccio married Aida Calvelli on 10/20/1902. Aida was three years older than he and had a three-year-old child whose father was unknown; Guccio adopted the boy. Guccio and Aida had two sons, Aldo in 1905 and Rodolfo in 1912. He was a demanding father to his kids, domineering and stingy and a philanderer. Guccio started his business in 1920 and it was Aldo who later carried the House of Gucci to a world famous status and who later divided the empire with his brother Rodolfo.
Guccio died at his estate in 1953 and his wife died two years later.
- parent->child relationship with Gucci, Aldo (born 23 May 1905)
- parent->child relationship with Gucci, Grimalda (born 5 January 1903)
- parent->child relationship with Gucci, Rodolfo (born 16 July 1912)
- parent->child relationship with Gucci, Ugo Calvelli (born 24 January 1899). Notes: Adopted
- other kin relationship with Gucci, Patrizia (born 1 March 1963). Notes: grandfather
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1905 (Son Aldo born)
- Family : Change residence 1912 (Son Rodolfo born)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1953 (Age 71-72)
Various media sources quoted for date
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Adopted son with Aida)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons and one daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Gucci enterprises)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Worldwide holdings)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Board of directors)