|born on||10 July 1978 at 01:43 (= 01:43 AM )|
|Place||Hackensack, New Jersey, 40n53, 74w03|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||17°38' 10°32 Asc. 17°19'|
American teenager who gave birth to a baby and discarded it in a trash bag. She and her beau, Brian Peterson, Jr. (born on June 10, 1978, Long Island, NY), both 18, from good homes, an affluent, caring background, were in love. When Amy got pregnant, they kept it a secret. When she went into labor on 11/12/1996, they drove to a motel in Newark, Delaware where they delivered a baby boy, put it in a plastic bag and left it in a dumpster. They checked in to the motel about 3:00 AM, delivered the baby boy about 4:30 AM and checkout out at 5:00 AM.
The baby was found and diagnosed as a live, healthy birth. It had died from multiple skull fractures and from having been shaken. The families were devastated.
On 7/09/1998, the two former lovers sat in a courtroom for sentencing, not looking across the room at each other. Grossberg was given two and a half years prison, and Peterson, two years. It was the day before Grossberg's 20th birthday. She was released from prison May 2000 for good behavior, serving only 17 months of her 2 1/2 year sentence.
- child relationship with Grossberg-Peterson Baby (born 12 November 1996)
- Social : Deinstitutionalized - prison, hospital May 2000 (Released from prison)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Dana Holliday quotes Doug Most, "Always in our Hearts," published 1999. Most is the local reporter who covered the story from the beginning.
- Family : Parenting : Abusive - Physical/Verbal (Discarded baby in trash)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide single (Discarded baby in trash)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Served 17 months of 30)