|Birthname||Melanie Richards Griffith|
|born on||9 August 1957 at 23:49 (= 11:49 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||17°15' 12°58 Asc. 20°04'|
American actress, tall (5'9") and voluptuous, who started as a model before her screen debut in "Night Moves," 1975. Her big break came in "Working Girl," 1988, for which she was nominated as Best Actress.
The daughter of actress Tippi Hendron and businessman Peter Griffith, Melanie grew up on the Hollywood fast track. She started acting at 14 and by 1997 had appeared in nearly 30 films. As a model, she has been the spokesperson for Revlon's Age Defying Makeup since 1994.
She had an on-again-off-again romance with Don Johnson for years. They first started their affair on the set of "The Harrad Experiment" when she was a precocious 14 and she moved in with the 22-year-old actor. They married in 1976 for five months under severe odds as both were making the party scene with drugs and booze. After their divorce Melanie then married actor Steven Bauer in 1980 and they had son Alexander. That marriage ended in 1987; in June 1989 she remarried Johnson and gave birth to daughter Dakota. Griffith filed for divorce in 1994, but she and Johnson had two reconciliation's before making the act final in May 1995.
With therapy and the confidence that comes with age, Griffith said,
"When I was about 25, I made this conscious decision to be good in my work, and to believe in myself. And I couldn't do that in my personal life. I always put men on a pedestal, probably because my parents were divorced when I was really little."
She and Spanish actor Antonio Banderas met during the 1995 filming of their movie "Too Much." They were immediately all over each other in public to the delight of the paparazzi, an affair that sizzled on the pages of the tabloids. When Banderas' divorce from his wife was final, they married in London on 5/14/1996. Their daughter Stella was born 9/23/1996 in Spain.
To keep in shape, Melanie runs three miles a day and exercises on the StairMaster. She swears she has not had cosmetic surgery since having her breasts done right after Dakota was born in 1989. The kids see Johnson a lot, and Alexander sees his dad in Miami whenever he can, but it is Griffith who is the hands-on parent, a natural mom who adores her kids and spends as much time as possible with them. She and Banderas divide their time between Los Angeles and Spain, where Griffith is learning Spanish.
On 11/14/2000, Griffith entered a rehab clinic to deal with her reliance on prescription drugs. Her dad, New Mexico businessman Peter Griffith, 67, died 5/14/2001 of complications from emphysema.
- parent->child relationship with Banderas, Stella (born 24 September 1996)
- parent->child relationship with Johnson, Dakota (born 4 October 1989)
- spouse relationship with Banderas, Antonio (born 10 August 1960)
- spouse relationship with Johnson, Don (born 15 December 1949). Notes: Bitter
- Relationship : First Sex 1971 (Age 14 when she moved in with Johnson)
- Relationship : Marriage 1976 (First marriage to Don Johnson)
- Relationship : Marriage 1980 (Steven Bauer)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 23 September 1996 (Daughter Stella born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Arlene Dahl quotes her mom, Tippi Hendron in "Jupiter" 1/1990
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Voluptuous)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Blonde)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height of 5' 9")
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Mom, Tippi Hendron)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Don Johnson, Antonio Banderas)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four, two to Johnson)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (Live in two continents back and forth)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women