|Birthname||Frederick Lawrence Grandy|
|born on||29 June 1948 at 23:08 (= 11:08 PM )|
|Place||Sioux City, Iowa, 42n30, 96w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°18' 14°44 Asc. 10°01'|
American actor in the TV genres of comedy, satire, science-fiction and action and political thrillers. He was perhaps most well known for his role as "Gopher" in the popular TV series "The Love Boat," and he appeared in a number of TV guest roles.
After leaving the Love Boat, Grandy went into politics. A moderate, he took liberal stances on such things as gay rights. He served two terms in congress, 1987 to 1995 but did not seek re-election to his house seat because he entered a primary race for Iowa Governor against the incumbent three term Governor, Terry Branstad. He lost this hard-fought race by only 4% of the vote.
In 1995 Grandy became president of Goodwill Industries, a 93 year old, near-billion dollar non-profit organization for disabled Americans. He works with National Public Radio (NPR) as a political commentator for the "All Things Considered" feature. He also toured the country promoting Princess Cruises, appearing on many TV shows promoting the new ship, "The Dawn Princess" recently launched by the line.
Grandy married Jan Gough in 1970: two kids; divorced 1982. His second wife, in 1987, is Catherine Mann; one daughter.
- business associate/partner relationship with MacLeod, Gavin (born 28 February 1931). Notes: Co-stars on "The Love Boat"
- Relationship : Marriage 1970 (First marriage Jan Gough, 12 years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 24 September 1977 (Debut broadcast of TV series "The Love Boat")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1987 (Two terms, U.S. Congressman)
- Relationship : Marriage 1987 (Second marriage Catherine Mann)
- Work : Retired 1995 (Chose to not re-elect Congress)
- Work : New Job 1995 (President of Goodwill Industries)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C. 4/2000
- Traits : Body : Size (Small body structure)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (President of Goodwill Industries)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (Spokesperson for Princess cruise lines)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Political commentator)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (The Love Boat)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Congressman, two terms)