|Birthname||Alan Edward William Gorrie|
|born on||19 July 1946 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Perth, Scotland, 56n24, 3w28|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||26°02' 24°26 Asc. 05°43'|
Scottish musician, bass player, singer and band member of the group, Average White Band (AWB.)
Most of the group were already veterans of bands of the 60's before their initial debut in July 1972. Their opening act for Eric Clapton in 1973 and a debut album, "Show Your Hand," was a very slow start and the band did not achieve much success until 1974 with the release of another album, "Pick Up the Pieces." The record's huge success was tempered by the 9/23/1974 death of band member Robbie McIntosh, who died at a Hollywood party after overdosing on strychnine-laced heroin.
The band continued tours throughout the UK and US with moderate success of songs hitting the charts, top 40's to top 10's until 1980, with a few reunion reappearances in 1989.
- business associate/partner relationship with Ball, Roger (born 4 June 1944). Notes: Band mates in "Average White Band"
- business associate/partner relationship with McIntosh, Robbie (born 2 May 1950). Notes: Band mates in "Average White Band"
- business associate/partner relationship with McIntyre, Onnie (born 25 September 1945). Notes: Band mates in "Average White Band"
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1973 (Opening act for Eric Clapton)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1974 (Successful album "Pick Up the Pieces")
- Death of Significant person 23 September 1974 (Bandmember Robbie McIntosh, overdosed)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frank C. Clifford quotes Caroline Gerard for B.C., British Entertainers 1997.
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International tours)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Party animal (While in the band)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Average White Band)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.