Gonzaga, Isabella D'Este
|born on||19 May 1474 Jul.Cal. (28 May 1474 greg.) at 21:30 (= 9:30 PM )|
|Place||Ferrara, Italy, 44n50, 11e35|
|Timezone||LMT m11e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°00' 20°14 Asc. 02°46'|
Italian noted renaissance woman who was the first child of Ercole, the Duke of Ferrara and Modena, and Eleanora d'Este of Aragon, daughter of the King of Naples. Gifted and well educated, she married Francesco Gonzaga of Mantua. For more than 30 years she guided the politics of Mantua and as a famed patron of the arts, attracted the leading artists and writers to their court. Her letters and documents filled 10,000 pages in the Mantuan Archives.
Her beauty was portrayed by DaVinci, Raphael and Titian. Isabella had a strong connection to Lucrezia Borgia as Lucrezia married Isabella's brother, Alfonso d'Este, Duke of Ferrara, and they shared a passionate involvement in the culture of their renaissance period. Gonzaga had one child, Leonora, a disappointment as she was not a son, who was therefore not placed in the special rooms that had been prepared for a boy. There is evidence that the mother and daughter were cold to each other and not close in nature. She died in 1539.
- parent->child relationship with Gonzaga, Leonora (born 31 December 1493 Jul.Cal. (9 Jan 1494 greg.))
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 9 January 1494 (greg.) (Daughter Leonara born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frances McEvoy quotes letter from her mother Eleanora to her friend Barbara Gonzaga of Mantua, "last Tuesday around the second hour....." (May 19, 1474 OS, Florentine time which began at sunset, 7:30 PM.)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Classified as a beauty at that time period)
- Traits : Personality : Articulate
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Aristocracy)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Nobility)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First born)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Francesco Gonzaga of Mantua)
- Family : Parenting : Hardship - Little money (Not close to daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Patron of the arts)
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (Painted by DaVinci, Raphael and Titian)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women