|born on||31 August 1903 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||New York NY, USA, 40n42, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°56' 25°52 Asc. 07°34'|
American entertainer, a radio announcer, singer, aviator, farmer, business executive, guitarist and ukulele player, a true renaissance man who cloaked his versatility under the guise of a home-spun good 'ole boy. He was nominated for TV Emmys as the Most Outstanding Kinescoped Personality of 1949 and as the Most Outstanding Personality in 1962 and 1963.
Godfrey was an entertainment mainstay in the eyes of the American public until his propensity for callousness became a matter of public expose. On the evening show of 10/19/1953, he waited until his very popular singer, Julius LaRosa had finished his performance and announced, "Thank you, Julie. That was lovely. And that, folks, was Julie's swan song." LaRosa's public and humiliating firing caused a stir of controversy. Some said this was Godfrey's calculating way of keeping his name in the news but if so, was certainly a matter of poor judgment. Many of his former fans left his programs along with LaRosa when his Mr. Nice Guy image was forever damaged.
Godfrey had one of the first plastic hip transplants in 1953 and made a dramatic recovery from lung cancer in 1959 which he made public on his TV show. He died of pneumonia and emphysema on 3/16/1983.
- Death by Disease 16 March 1983 (Pneumonia and emphysema, age 79)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Gain social status 1949 (Nominated for Emmy)
- Work : Gain social status 1962 (Nominated for Emmy)
- Work : Gain social status 1963 (Nominated for Emmy)
- Health : Medical procedure 1953 (Hip replacement surgery)
- Health : End remission 1959 (From lung cancer)
LMR quotes Evelyn Michaels, from him, 1979. Dana Holliday had Hasbrough Heights, NJ, 1: 59 AM EST. AFA had 8/30/1903, 11:54 AM in 5/1959. PC had 8/31/1903, 2:30 AM as "personal"
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Ukelele, guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Radio announcer)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Emphysema (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia (Terminal)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Hip replacement)