|Birthname||Glinka, Mikhail Ivanovich|
|born on||1 June 1804 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Novospasskoje, Russia, 53n08, 47e45|
|Timezone||LMT m47e45 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°14' 05°46 Asc. 04°43'|
Russian composer who called attention to Russian folk music which influenced the musical development in the 1800s. Educated at the Pedagogic Institute in St. Petersburg, Glinka also studied under the masters in his travels to Italy, Spain and Russia. He entered government service, 1824-1828 and then traveled to Italy where he resided until 1833, meeting Donizetti and Bellini and learning Italian opera. His dramatic operas, "A Life For the Czar," 1836 and "Russlan and Ludmilla," 1842 mark the beginning of musical nationalism in Russia. His travels to Spain 1845-1847, influenced his writings of the popular music and dance of Spain. After he returned to Russia during the Crimean War, he wrote his memoirs.
Glinka married Maria Petrovna Ivanova in 1835 and they divorced in 1846.
He died in Berlin 2/02/1857 OS, chiefly of syphilis. (Some reference works give his death as 2/15/1857.)
- Death by Disease 2 February 1857 (Syphilis, age 52)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1836 ("A Life For The Czar")
- Work : New Job 1824 (Worked for the government services)
- Family : Change residence 1830 (Traveled to Italy)
- Relationship : Marriage 1835 (Maria Petrovna Ivanova)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1846 (From Maria)
- Work : New Job 1837 (Choirmaster for the imperial chapel)
- Family : Change residence 1854 (Returned to Russia)
- Work : Gain social status 1842 (Noted opera, "Ruslan and Ludmilla")
- Family : Change residence 1845 (Traveled to Spain)
LMR quotes "Mikhail Ivanovich Glinda, Memoirs" 1963, p.2, "I was born at daybreak on the family estate on May 20, 1804." LMR calculates daybreak at that time and place as 3:28 AM.
(Barbault quotes his dad's letter for 6:00 AM. PC quotes Rodden for the same autobiography as June 2, 1894, 3:00 AM. Steinbrecher gives June 1 as OS with June 13 as NS, Novospasski, 32 E.00, 55 N.00)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer of song, opera and symphony)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : STD/Sexually transmitted (Syphilis)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, divorced)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (Studying music)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founder of the Russian national school)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor (Choirmaster)