|Birthname||Gless, Sharon Marguerite|
|born on||31 May 1943 at 17:59 (= 5:59 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n04, 118w15|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||09°41' 17°34 Asc. 15°58'|
American actress whose greatest fame was as a detective in "Cagney and Lacey," from 1982, playing one of two female cops along with her partner Tyne Daly.
She started her work life as a secretary until she tried acting in a series of small roles on TV and in film, attracting Girl-Friday types along with the male lead.
TV was always her medium with the series "Marcus Welby M.D." 1974-1976, "Switch," 1975-1978 and "Centennial," 1978-1979.
Before her winning cop-show, Gless had a rocky start, battling alcoholism and a string of short-term love affairs. In Feb. 1988 she went into a drug and alcohol rehab clinic in Minnesota. After years together as companions, she married Barney Rosenzweig, the producer of "Cagney and Lacy" and of her 1990 series, "Rosie O'Neill" in May 1991. She was then 47 and he, 53.
At the age of 53, Gless was a little hefty; she carried 165 pounds on a 5' 9" frame.
- business associate/partner relationship with Daly, Tyne (born 21 February 1946)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 ("Cagney and Lacey")
B.C. in hand from Kathryn Farmer
- Traits : Body : Weight (Extreme weight fluxuations, heavy later)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (First married at age 47)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Barney Rosenzweig)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One at age 47)
- Vocation : Business : Clerical/ Secretarial (Early job)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Several major soaps)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women