|Birthname||Sara Rebecca Abeles|
|born on||29 January 1975 at 15:07 (= 3:07 PM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°25' 12°34 Asc. 12°19'|
American actress and member of a theatrical family, sister of actress Melissa Gilbert. She and her sister and her older brother Jonathon are the third generation of a showbiz family. Her grandfather Harry Crane was a writer for "The Honeymooners," her grandmother Julia Crane was a former Miss Brooklyn and a dancer and her mother is a producer and talent manager. Her mom was married to the late Paul Gilbert (who died on 2/13/1976), a well known singer and comedian. They had adopted two children, Melissa and Jonathan when mom divorced and Barbara married Harold Abeles. Melissa was eight then her mom got pregnant with Sara.
When Sara was six, her folks divorced. That year she saw her sister get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and decided that she would be an actress also. She took the Gilbert family name and started off in commercials before the series role of the cynical daughter 'Darlene' on "Roseanne" 1988-97. She provided the voice of Laura Powers in "The Simpsons," 1989 and her film work includes a co-starring role in "Poison Ivy,"1992. Sara has been twice nominated for an Emmy and has won three Youth in Film Awards.
In 1992, at 17, she had rhinoplasty to reshape her nose. She became a vegetarian in her teens. She started to Yale University in 1993 during the last seasons of Roseanne and graduated with honors in 1997, after studying art and photography.
Sara continued her acting work in films and a sitcom, "Welcome to New York," 2000-01.
She supports charities and organizations such as PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), the Pediatric Aid Foundation, Meals on Wheels, Freedom of Speech, APLA (Aids Project Los Angeles), Animal Rights and environmental causes. She has also had written an episode of "Roseanne" and tried a stint at directing.
As a teenager, Gilbert dated her Roseanne co-star Johnny Galecki. During their relationship she realized she was a lesbian. She remains good friends with Galecki. In 2001, Gilbert began a relationship with television producer Allison Adler. They have two children—a son, Levi Hank, born to Adler in October 2004, and a daughter, Sawyer, born to Gilbert in August 2007. Gilbert publicly came out as a lesbian in July 2010. Gilbert and Adler separated amicably in August 2011. Following the break-up, Gilbert began a relationship with songwriter and former 4 Non Blondes frontwoman Linda Perry. Gilbert announced their engagement in April 2013, and they married on March 30, 2014. Gilbert gave birth to their son, Rhodes Emilio Gilbert Perry, on February 28, 2015.
- business associate/partner relationship with Barr, Roseanne (born 3 November 1952). Notes: Co-stars on "Roseanne"
- business associate/partner relationship with Chen, Julie (born 6 January 1970). Notes: Co-host on The Talk
- business associate/partner relationship with Metcalf, Laurie (born 16 June 1955). Notes: Co-stars on "Roseanne"
- friend relationship with Landon, Christopher (born 27 March 1975)
- spouse relationship with Perry, Linda (born 15 April 1965)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 18 October 1988 ("Roseanne" TV series debut broadcast)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1989 (Voice-over in "Simpson" series)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 ("Poison Ivy")
- Health : Medical procedure 1992 (Cosmetic nose surgery)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1993 (Started at Yake University)
- Social : End a program of study 1997 (Yale honors student)
- Work : Begin Major Project 2000 ("Welcome to New York" TV series)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 28 February 2015 (Gave birth to son Rhodes)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes her B.C. published on the internet 3/19/2001:
(http://www.blargle.co.uk/gloriousgilbert/downloads/birthcertificate.jpg). A copy is in hand
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegetarian)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Half-siblings, noted actors)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Numerous charitable organizations)
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Noted, film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (The Talk)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Roseanne)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Simpsons)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Secondary)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Scriptwriter, secondary)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Three Youth Film Awards)