|Birthname||Mordecai Menahem Mandel Gerstein|
|born on||24 November 1935 at 16:23 (= 4:23 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n03, 118w14|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°48' 19°02 Asc. 26°37'|
American author and illustrator of children's books.
Gerstein wanted to be an artist from the time he was a child. As he grew into young adulthood he painted, sculpted and was an animator for cartoons. In 1970 Elizabeth Levy invited him to illustrate one of books and for over 30 years the two have collaborated. He found success writing and illustrating his own books. In 1983 "Arnold of the Ducks," his first book which he both wrote and illustrated, was published. Gerstein has won several awards including a 2004 Caldecott.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1983 ("Arnold of the Ducks")
- Work : Prize 2004 (Caldecott)
PT quotes birth certificate in hand
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist
- Vocation : Writers : Children's literature
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award