|born on||16 August 1884 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Luxembourg, , 49n36, 6e09|
|Timezone||LMT m6e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°30' 18°39 Asc. 09°09'|
German-American businessman, editor, inventor and founder, and the world's first radio-supply-house dealer. Highly intelligent and versatile, he designed the first home radio set.
Gernsback was educated in Luxemburg but moved to the U.S. when he was 20, where he became an editor of science magazines and the first of the science-fiction magazines. He founded "Amazing Stories" sci-fi mag in 1926 and the Science-Fantasy Hugo Award was named after him.
Died 8/19/1967, New York, NY.
- Death, Cause unspecified 19 August 1967 at 12:00 noon in New York, NY (Age 83 +3 days)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Start Business 1926 ("Amazing Stories" magazine)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Hugo Award named after him)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor of Sci-Fi)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Amazing Stories magazine, radio supply house)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Radio inventor)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Germany to U.S.)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83 +3 days)
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level; noted as highly intelligent)