Geórgios I, King of Greece
|Birthname||Christian Vilhelm Ferdinand Adolf Georg|
|born on||24 December 1845 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||LMT m12e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°55' 06°44 Asc. 22°20'|
Danish-Greek royalty, elected King of the Hellenes in 1863.
George was born at the Yellow Palace, an 18th-century town house, right next to the Amalienborg Palace complex in Copenhagen. He was the second son of Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg and Louise of Hesse-Kassel.
He was crowned at age 18, on 30 March [O.S. 18 March] 1863. George married Princess Olga of Russia in Saint Petersburg on 27 October 1867 and they had eight children: their first child, born in 1868, later became King Constantine.
An attempt was made on George's life in 1898. After his war against Turkey in 1912, he made a triumphant entry into Salonika, where he met his death from assassination by a drunken patriot on the afternoon of 18 March 1913.
- parent->child relationship with Geórgios, Prince of Greece and Denmark (born 24 June 1869)
- parent->child relationship with Konstantinos I, King of Greece (born 2 August 1868)
- child->parent relationship with Louise of Hesse-Kassel, Queen of Denmark (born 7 September 1817)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra, Queen Consort (born 1 December 1844)
- sibling relationship with Maria Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 26 November 1847)
- sibling relationship with Valdemar, Prince of Denmark (born 27 October 1858)
- other kin relationship with Aléxandros, King of Greece (born 1 August 1893). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Geórgios II, King of Greece (born 19 July 1890). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Margarita, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 18 April 1905). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Sophie, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 26 June 1914). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Theodora, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 13 May 1906). Notes: Grandkin
- has other family relationship with Konstantin Nikolayevich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 21 September 1827). Notes: Father-in-law / son-in-law
- has other family relationship with Oxenberg, Catherine (born 22 September 1961). Notes: Great-grandfather/great-granddaughter
- compare to chart of Nation: Greece:Proclamation and End of Monarchy (born 12 October 1935)
- Social : Begin Travel 1912 (War against Turkey)
Alan Leo stated time given "in a letter." He rectified the time to 7:54 PM and in Modern Astrology 5/1913 he gave 7:30 PM. Old Moore journal 4/1908 gave 7:00 PM; Wemyss in Modern Astrology 7/1932 gave 7:30 PM; Lescaut quote3d Choisnard for 7:30 PM in Language Astral. SS No. 380 shows a chart for 7:32 PM.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Princess Olga)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eight)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (King Constantine)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Assassinated)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Denmark and Greece)