George, Stefan Anton
|born on||12 July 1868 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Budesheim, Germany, 49n57, 7e55|
|Timezone||LMT m7e55 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°26' 15°31 Asc. 17°00'|
German romantic poet noted for his homo-erotic work. A student of languages, philosophy and art history in Paris, Munich and Berlin, he founded a literary journal in 1892. He met the symbolists, many of whose work he translated, and became a main figure in German circles of noted intelligentsia . His own works were first published privately. Each book is a complex structure of poems built upon a central theme.
Not a Nazi sympathizer, George refused their offer of an Academy Post and went into voluntary exile in Minusio, Switzerland in 1933. He died there 12/04/1933.
- friend relationship with Bertram, Ernst (born 27 July 1884)
- other associate with Verwey, Albert (born 15 May 1865). Notes: met from 1895 to 1928 in Germany and in "Villa Nova": Dünenhaus
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to Switzerland)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Vocation : Writers : Erotic (Homo-erotic literature)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet