Georg Albrecht von Brandenburg
|born on||20 November 1591 Jul.Cal. (30 Nov 1591 greg.) at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°33' 01°04 Asc. 17°22'|
German nobility, a Margrave of Brandenburg as George Albert II.
George Albert was a member of the House of Hohenzollern. He was a son of the Elector John George of Brandenburg (1525–1598) from his third marriage to Elisabeth (1563–1607), daughter of Prince Joachim Ernest of Anhalt.
In 1614, he succeeded as Grand Master (Herrenmeister) of the Order of Saint John (Johanniterorden), seated at Sonnenburg, which his older brother Frederick had headed until his own early death. After an agreement with Electoral Brandenburg, George Albert received a fief from Duke Philipp Julius of Pomerania. In 1615, he confirmed the privileges of the city of Sulęcin (German: Zielenzig).
George Albert died of smallpox at the age of 24 on 29 November 1615 in Sonnenburg (present-day Słońsk).
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth von Anhalt-Zerbst (born 15 September 1563 Jul.Cal. (25 Sep 1563 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Johann Georg, Elector of Brandenburg (born 11 September 1525 Jul.Cal. (21 Sep 1525 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Agnes von Brandenburg, Duchess of Pomerania (born 17 July 1584 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian von Brandenburg-Bayreuth (born 30 January 1581 Jul.Cal. (9 Feb 1581 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Dorothea Sibylle von Brandenburg (born 9 October 1590 Jul.Cal. (19 Oct 1590 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Sophie von Brandenburg (born 4 July 1589 Jul.Cal. (14 July 1589 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich IX von Brandenburg (born 22 March 1588 Jul.Cal. (1 Apr 1588 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joachim Ernst von Brandenburg-Ansbach (born 12 June 1583 Jul.Cal. (22 June 1583 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joachim Friedrich von Brandenburg (born 27 January 1546 Jul.Cal. (6 Feb 1546 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Magdalena von Brandenburg (born 7 January 1582 Jul.Cal. (17 Jan 1582 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg (born 6 June 1568 Jul.Cal. (16 June 1568 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 299:
"George Albrecht, geboren 1591 den 20ften Nov. um 6 Uhr des Morgens, nicht aber, wie Rentsch sagt, den 19ten Nov. den 30ften Nov. wurde er getauft." [Translation: George Albrecht, born in 1591 on the 20th Nov. at 6 o'clock in the morning, and not Nov. 19th as Rentsch says. On Nov. 30th he was baptized.]
- Notable : Famous : Royal family