|born on||24 March 1947 at 23:20 (= 11:20 PM )|
|Place||Paisley, Scotland, 55n50, 4w26|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||03°26' 01°38 Asc. 11°02'|
Scottish footballer (Captain of Scotland international team), most famous for a goal he scored against the Netherlands in the 1978 FIFA World Cup. The goal is so famous that it sometimes overshadows a successful career in which he won three English league titles. The goal was mentioned in the film "Trainspotting", in which characters Tommy and Lizzie make love while watching a homemade porno film, only to see it has been replaced with a football tape called "100 Great Goals" which features Gemmill's strike. At the same time, Renton (Ewan McGregor), who had switched the tapes in their cases and borrowed Tommy and Lizzie's tape, says after climaxing during sex, "I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!"
He is associated with legendary English football manager, Brian Clough who signed him to play with Derby County and, later, Nottingham Forest football clubs. He also played 43 times for Scotland, 22 times as captain. He was part of the 1978 Scotland World Cup side in Argentina, managed by Ally MacLeod. Gemmell's goal in a victory over the eventual finalists, Netherlands, was notable in an otherwise disastrous campaign for Scotland.
- (has as) boss relationship with MacLeod, Ally (born 26 February 1931). Notes: Scored one of the greatest FIFA World Cup goals playing for Scotland (managed by MacLeod) against Netherlands
- Work : Great Achievement 11 June 1978 in Mendoza (Mendoza) (Scored a goal against Netherlands voted as the 7th best World Cup goal of all time - after 68 minutes of an evening match)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Paul Wright quotes birth record
- Traits : Body : Size (Small stature - 1.65m)
- Vocation : Sports : Football
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Football Coach and Manager)