|born on||1 June 1855 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°25' 22°31 Asc. 25°57'|
French journalist, writer, historian, art critic and one of the founding members of Académie Goncourt.
Geffroy was one of the first historians of the impressionist movement. Gustave met the painter Claude Monet coincidentally while he was doing research on the prisons of Napoléon III. It was the start of a friendship and his work as a biographer of painters.
While contributing to the newspaper La Justice , he met its founder Georges Clemenceau, who would become another friend and who appointed him director of la Manufacture des Gobelins, a post he held till he died.
(the painting is from Cézanne 1895)
- business associate/partner relationship with Clemenceau, Georges (born 28 September 1841). Notes: business and friend associate
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1886 (met painter Claude Monet)
- Work : New Career 1908 (director of la Manufacture des Gobelins)
Collection Didier Gesalin (archives de Paris)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (historian)
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer (impressionist painters)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist