|born on||8 April 1932 at 00:30 (= 12:30 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n04, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°18' 13°11 Asc. 08°04'|
Hispanic-American actor and diplomat. He was a dark and handsome leading man in films from 1958, including "Spartacus," 1960 and "Romanoff and Juliet," 1962 as well as the TV series "Destry," 1962 and "Convoys," 1965. Before his Hollywood debut, Gavin had a four-year stint as an air-intelligence officer in the Navy during and following the Korean War. He worked briefly as a press agent and made his screen debut in 1956. In 1971-1973 he served as president of the Screen Actors Guild and was heavily involved in diplomatic affairs; serving for many years, 1961-1973, as an advisor to the Secretary General of the Organization of American States.
With his fluent Spanish from a Mexican mom and a B.A. in history along with study in economics and Latin-American issues, he was qualified for the sensitive post of U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, as appointed by his friend, Ronald Reagan.
Gavin married actress Constance Towers on September 8, 1974.
- spouse relationship with Towers, Constance (born 20 May 1931)
- Work : New Career 1956 (Actor)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1960 ("Sparticus")
- Work : New Career 1961 (Diplomat, 12 years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1962 ("Romanoff and Juliet")
- Work : New Job 1971 (Pres. of Screen Actors Guild, two years)
- Work : New Job 1981 (U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, five years)
Copy of correspondence in hand, Marc Penfield, given as "from a family member."
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Classic handsome features)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Black)
- Traits : Body : Race (Hispanic)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Constance Towers)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Ronald Reagan)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Pres. of Screen Actors Guild)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Destry" and "Convoys")
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Navy)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (U.S. Ambassador)