|Birthname||Louis Felix Pierre Marie Gasté|
|born on||18 March 1908 at 18:30 (= 6:30 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LST m2e20 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°46' 05°21 Asc. 02°29'|
French songwriter. He started out as a guitarist in the Ray Venura orchestra and moved into songwriting, composing over a thousand songs for Yves Montant, Jacques Pills and Line Renaud along with other artists. His work ranges from romantic ballads to such bouncy hits as "How Much is That Doggie in the Window." His "Battling Joe," was always associated with Yves Montand.
In 1956 he wrote "Pour Toi" which was plagiarized by Morris Albert and named "Feelings." In 1987, after eight years procedure, Albert was sentenced by the American Courts to recompense Gasté for 12,000 copies of the hit song.
Gasté married 8 March 1938 and divorced 22 May 1944. He married the famous actress Line Renaud on 18 December 1950.
Died 8 January 1995, 7:40 AM, Hts de Seine, France.
- spouse relationship with Renaud, Line (born 2 July 1928)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1956 (Wrote "Pour Toi" later plagiarized by Morris Albert)
- Financial : Gain significant money 1987 (Recompensed for the hit "Feelings" stolen by Albert)
- Death, Cause unspecified 8 January 1995 at 07:40 AM in Hts de Seine, France (Age 86)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Birth and death records in Didier Geslain archive, 'chanteurs' pdf file, p. 95-96.
Cadran quotes B.C. 2/1995.
(Dana Haynes quotes him as a client for 9:00 AM; he was positive it was from his B.C.)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Line Renaud)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated (Plagiarizing by Morris Albert, won)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer