|born on||8 December 1939 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Belfast, N.Ireland, 54n35, 5w55|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||15°12' 11°32 Asc. 07°08'|
Irish flutist, world known as the greatest flutist living. He played flute and piccolo in the early '60s with Sadler's Wells Opera Orchestra, the Royal Opera House Orchestra and BBC Symphony Orchestra. In the late '60s, he began with the London Symphony and Royal Philharmonic, and played first flute for the Berlin Philharmonic 1969-1975. Since then his international career has flourished as a soloist; many recordings.
Galway has one son from his first marriage and twin daughters from the second. He made a third marriage in 1984, to Jeanne Cinnante; they live in a small town in Switzerland when he is not on tour. With a light sense of humor, Galway does not take himself seriously so there are some who think of him as lightweight.
During the late summer 1977, he was seriously injured in an accident.
- Work : New Job 1969 (Berlin Philharmonic)
- Relationship : Marriage 1984 (Third marriage Jeanne Cinnante)
Dori Sippel quotes him; he said he had Scorpio rising but did not give the precise time. (Scorpio rises between 5:18 to 8:14 AM.)
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc. (Twin daughters)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (World renowned flutist)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Fine motor control (Great flutist)