|born on||9 March 1934 at 00:00 (= 12:00 midnight )|
|Place||Klushino, Russia, 55n40, 35e03|
|Timezone||MSK h3e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°36' 19°11 Asc. 13°39'|
Russian cosmonaut, the first man in space 04/12/1961 when he orbited the earth in Vostok spaceship.
He was killed in plane test-flight 03/27/1968.
- compare to chart of Space: Vostok 1 (first human spaceflight) (born 12 April 1961). Notes: Crew member
Starkman quotes a biography in the website : http://cosmosravelin.narod.ru/r-space/G.html
There is a detailed biography of Yuri Gagarin, in Russian.
"Yuri Gagarin was born March 9, 1934. There is a legend that was told by Lydia Obukhov that George was born on March 8 and his father Alexei Ivanovich supposed to have said, "Man was born to the women's day (8th March)? Not good at all. Write down the birth March 9. " But his mother - Anna Timofeevna in her book still says that he was born on the night of the eighth to the ninth of March".
Starkman rectified it to 23.42.04 LT 8 March
Davison spec 6.30 am in Astrology Quarterly 12/l968.
Penfield Collection spec 8:20 PM.
Old-file had 8:00 PM.
Caroline Gerard in Astrology Quarterly Spring/1999 gave 20:20 EDT, no source.
- Vocation : Travel : Astronaut (Russian Cosmonaut 1961)
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ military
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (First Cosmonaut)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book