|born on||11 February 1919 at 12:30 (= 12:30 PM )|
|Place||Budapest, Hungary, 47n30, 19e05|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°42' 08°54 Asc. 00°17'|
Hungarian-American actress, the youngest of three beautiful, glamorous European imports to Hollywood, with older sisters Magda and Sari (Zsa Zsa). Though the three were much-married and the focus of a great deal of frothy gossip, Eva actually has a long list of film and stage credits, and in September 1965, debuted a highly successful TV sitcom, "Green Acres."
Gabor was raised in an upper middle class family with governesses and an education in Fortner Institute in Budapest. From the time she was four she wanted to be an actress. She started classes at 15 but had to quit as her parents thought that acting was too vulgar a vocation.
At 18, she met Dr. Eric Drimmer, a Swedish-American doctor at a party; she married him and moved with him to Hollywood. Speaking only halting English, 5' 2" and 106 lbs, she was nonetheless signed by Paramount. She played in a poor film, "Forced Landing," in 1941 and after one more film, was dropped.
In 1942 Gabor divorced Drimmer and the following year, married millionaire realtor Charles Isaacs; they divorced in 1950. By 1945 her two sisters had joined her along with her mom, Jolie, who had divorced their dad.
She played in a string of minor films, TV and plays, with her own TV interview show for a year and a half. During the '50s she and Zsa Zsa were in high profile, both gorgeous women, witty and sophisticated. All three sisters did a nightclub act during 1953 that was not their best idea; Eva herself reported that it was really bad. Jolie and Magda went into business with a jewelry shop in New York. Zsa Zsa was establishing a series of marriages, books and movies, and Eva began to move more solidly into theater. In early 1958 she played in a revival of Noel Coward's "Present Laughter."
On 4/08/1956 she married surgeon John Williams for less than a year, and on 10/04/1959, married New York stockbroker Richard Brown.
Her dad died in 1962.
Eva died on 7/4/1995 of pneumonia. She was 76.
- sibling relationship with Gabor, Zsa Zsa (born 6 February 1915)
- Relationship : Marriage 1938 (First marriage, Eric Drimmer, age 18)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1942 (Divorce from Drimmer)
- Relationship : Marriage 1943 (Second marriage, Charles Isaacs)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1950 (Divorce from Charles)
- Work : New Job 1953 (Nightclub act with sisters)
- Relationship : Marriage 8 April 1956 (Third marriage, John Williams, less than a year)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1958 (Stage debut)
- Death of Father 1962
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released September 1965 (Debut of "Green Acres")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Dana Haynes quotes her, client, "between 12:00 and 1:00 PM," rectified to 12:24 PM by Haynes. All three Gabor sisters are vague about their ages and some sources give 1926 for Eva, others give 1921.
Sy Scholfield quotes same date in "Those Glamorous Gabors: Bombshells from Budapest" by Darwin Porter (Blood Moon, 2013), pp. 9-10: "[Her mother] partied with friends until midnight of February 10, 1919 . . . At two o'clock as the evening was winding down . . . labor pains set in . . . She was rushed home, where once again, the midwife . . . assisted her during childbirth." No time of birth given in the book, except that it was after 2am and would have been even later "since the doctor who'd been summoned didn't make it on time."
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Kept her accent)
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Affluent family, Fortner Institute educated)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of three)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sisters stayed close, worked together at times)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage (Second husband millionaire)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Socialite, focus of gossip)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Hungary to U.S.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Act with sisters)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Hostess of her own TV talk show)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Green Acres")