Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia
|born on||3 August 1770 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Potsdam, Germany, 52n24, 13e04|
|Timezone||LMT m13e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°47' 03°20 Asc. 26°33'|
King of Prussia from 1797 to 1840. He ruled Prussia during the difficult times of the Napoleonic wars and the end of the old German Empire. Steering a careful course between France and her enemies, after a major military defeat in 1806, he eventually and reluctantly joined the coalition against Napoleon in the Befreiungskriege. Following Napoleon's defeat he was King of Prussia during the Congress of Vienna which assembled to settle the political questions arising from the new, post-Napoleonic order in Europe.
He died 7 June 1840.
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm IV, King of Prussia (born 15 October 1795)
- parent->child relationship with Wilhelm I, Emperor of Germany (born 22 March 1797)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm II, King of Prussia (born 25 September 1744)
- spouse relationship with Luise, Queen Consort of Prussia (born 10 March 1776)
- sibling relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1781) (born 30 December 1781)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelmine of Prussia, Queen of the Netherlands (born 18 November 1774)
Taeger quotes Lescaut quoting Ebertin
Sy Scholfield quotes one biography for 2am and another book for 2:30am:
"König in Preußens großer Zeit" by Thomas Stamm (Siedler, 1992), p. 15: "Diese Veränderungen waren nur erst am Horizont sichtbar, als Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm als Sohn des preußischen Thronfolgers am 3. August 1770 um zwei Uhr morgens in Potsdam geboren wurde." Translation: These changes were only just visible on the horizon, when Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia was born, son of the heir to the throne, on August 3, 1770 at two o'clock in the morning in Potsdam.
"Preußens Ehrenspiegel: eine Sammlung preußisch-vaterländischer Gedichte von den ältesten Zeiten bis zum Jahre 1840" by Adolf Müller (Gebauer, 1851), p. 183: "Er wurde am 3. August 1770 Morgens um halb drei Uhr in der Schwerdtfegerstraße an der Ecke des neuen Marktes in Potsdam, wo seine Eltern ziemlich beschränkt wohnten, und wo er selbst die vier ersten Jahre seines Lebens zugebracht hat, geboren." Translation: He was born on August 3, 1770 at half past two o'clock in the morning, where his parents lived on Schwerdtfeger Street at the corner of the new market in Potsdam, also where he spent the first four years of his life.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family