Francis I, King of France
|born on||12 September 1494 Jul.Cal. (21 Sep 1494 greg.) at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Cognac, France, 45n42, 0w20|
|Timezone||LMT m0w20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°43' 27°09 Asc. 27°19'|
French royalty, the successor of Louis XII in 1515. He carried on a bitter struggle for years with the Holy Roman Empire, pursuing the religious persecution of the Huguenots. Intelligent, extravagant and ambitious, Francis had elegant tastes and was a devoted patron of the renaissance.
- associate relationship with Farnese, Alessandro (born 7 October 1520 Jul.Cal. (17 Oct 1520 greg.)). Notes: Negotiated peace with Charles V
- parent->child relationship with Henri II, King of France (born 31 March 1519 Jul.Cal. (10 Apr 1519 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Louise of Savoy, Duchess (born 11 September 1476 Jul.Cal. (20 Sep 1476 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Claude de France (born 13 October 1499 Jul.Cal. (22 Oct 1499 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Marguerite I, Queen of France (born 11 April 1492 Jul.Cal. (20 Apr 1492 greg.))
- (has as) devotee relationship with da Vinci, Leonardo (born 14 April 1452 Jul.Cal. (23 Apr 1452 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 31 March 1547 Jul.Cal. (10 Apr 1547 greg.) (Age 52)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Dana Holliday quotes the diary of his mom, Louise of Savoy for 10:30 PM (LAT) given by Desmond Seward, "Prince of the Renaissance," MacMillan, 1973. Francis Hackett, "Francis I," p.43, gives the date, September 12 OS "toward the close of day."
Sy Scholfield quotes 10pm in "Histoire de la Maison Royale de France, et des grands officiers de la Couronne" by Anselme de Sainte-Marie, Ange de Sainte-Rosalie (libr. associés, 1726), p. 129: "Francois I. du nom, roy de France, . . . naquit à Cognac le 12. septembre 1494. sur les dix heures du soir..."
On 24/9/2014, the time was changed to 10pm following an email from Susan Carmichael who pointed out that "Seward's book says 10 PM from mother's journal." Scholfield then checked the 1974 edition of the book and found on page 14: "'Francois, by God's grace King of France and my own gentle Emperor, had his first experience of this world's light at Cognac about ten o'clock of the afternoon in 1494, on the twelfth day of September.' So wrote his mother, Louise de Savoie, in her journal." Scholfield then found the same data in the journal (in French), "Journal de Louise de Savoye, duchesse d'Angoulesme, d'Anjou et de Valois" (Foucault, 1820), p. 390: "François, par la grâce de Dieu, roi de France, et mon César pacifique, print la première expérience de lumière mondaine à Cognac, environ dix heures après midi 1494, le douzième jour de Septembre." The translation in English is given by Seward.
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Extravagant, elegant tastes)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France)