|Birthname||Peter Kenneth Frampton|
|born on||22 April 1950 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Beckenham, England, 51n24, 0w02|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°32' 24°41 Asc. 17°04'|
British rock singer, a teen idol with many hit records. He worked from age 12 and performed as a member of "Humble Pie," 1968-71 and Frampton's Camel," 1971-74, after which time he remained a solo act. "Frampton Comes Alive," 1976 displayed his guitar virtuosity but was followed by three unsuccessful albums in the following four years.
He dropped out of sight for ten years before coming back into the limelight. He put out an album in 1989 to mediocre reviews such as "numbingly trite lyrics." In 1994, after sitting home for two years he decided to play club gigs. This turned into a seven month tour, giving him the confidence to do another album.
Frampton married; one child.
On July 20, 2004 in Los Angeles, he sued an Australian company for making a bikini bearing his name and words to one of his songs.
His “Fingerprints” won a Grammy on February 11, 2007 for Best Pop Instrumental Album.
- associate relationship with Marriott, Steve (born 30 January 1947). Notes: band members
Frank C. Clifford quotes B.C. in hand for the date; the time comes from Steve Clarke, "Peter Frampton," a Bunch Books Package, 1977, p.6, "Half past six in the morning .... etc." (The biography, however, gives a wrong date of April 20, 1955.)
- Lifestyle : Work : Unemployed more than 5 yrs (Dropped out of sight for ten years)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol (Teenage idol)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Humble Pie, Frampton's Camel)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Grammy
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession