|born on||4 August 1944 at 03:25 (= 03:25 AM )|
|Place||Dorchester, Massachusetts, 42n18, 71w05|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||11°46' 08°45 Asc. 14°04'|
American journalist and publisher, Forry founded, owns and operates local newspapers in the Boston, MA area.
With white Irish-Catholic heritage, Forry fit well into his neighborhood when he was young. The area became increasingly diverse and his newspapers fill a void left by larger city newspapers in serving a culturally, socially, ethnically diverse area.
Ed Forry quit his job at age 39 as a community relations director at a bank to follow his bliss. Despite having two children and a mortgage, he began a small community newspaper. He faced tremendous competition at the time but managed to work as ad salesman, reporter, editor and publisher, eventually becoming head of a community newspaper empire that serves various regions of Boston including of course Dorchester and Mattapan. Asked how he’d like to be remembered, he said, “Say that he loved his family and he stood up for Dorchester." His beloved wife and business partner Mary died in late 2004.
His son Bill grew up to take over the managing editor's desk and married a Haitian-American woman who successfully ran for political office.
- parent->child relationship with Forry, Bill (born 23 May 1973)
- has other family relationship with Forry, John Patrick (born 25 October 2003). Notes: grandparent-grandchild
- has other family relationship with Forry, Linda Dorcena (born 1 November 1973). Notes: in-law
- Death of Mate 2004 (Wife Mary)
PT quotes birth certificate
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Compatible
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job
- Lifestyle : Work : Self-employed
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Other Social Life (Active in the community)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Other Business/Mkt (Newspaper business)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor