|born on||3 April 1941 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Detroit MI, USA, 42n19, 83w02|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°33' 28°36 Asc. 22°49'|
American socialite, noted family and author.
Ford was born a the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI and is a descendant of Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company. A glamorous jet-setter, columnist, and author of the 2001 book "21st-Century Etiquette," she has married and divorced three times, first to shipping tycoon Stavros Niarchos, next to financier Anthony Forstmann. On the evening of August 31, 1986, she married Edward Downe, Jr., a former journalist and CEO of Downe Communications. They subsequently divorced.
She often said that she might have worked in the family business if it were not for her father's objections to women in the executive suite. She lives in a New York penthouse, and owns a gift catalog business "Omni Presents" and devotes much of her time to charitable fund-raising, particularly for New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- child relationship with Ford, Elena (born 25 May 1966)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2001 (Book on etiquette)
Sy Scholfield quotes from newspaper article: "Ford Great-Grandfather; Augther to Mrs. Henry Ford 2d, the Former Anne McDonnell," New York Times, April 4, 1941, p.24
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Fords, of Ford Motor Company)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (etiquette book)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner ("Omni Presents")