|Birthname||Joan de Beauvoir de Havilland|
|born on||22 October 1917 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Tokyo, Japan, 35n42, 139e46|
|Timezone||JST h9e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°54' 05°59 Asc. 28°31'|
American actress who was born in Japan when her father was stationed in Tokyo. When her dad, an English professor, left her mom for the Japanese maid, her mom left Japan in 1919, when she was still a baby. She had a difficult childhood when her mom remarried, as she saw her family as critical and her sister Olivia as favored. At 15, she returned to Tokyo to live with her dad and his Japanese wife for two years.
Fontaine and her sister, Olivia de Havilland, both became noted actresses. From a debut both on stage and in film in 1935, her career developed slowly but her talent shone through, winning her an Oscar for "Rebecca," 1940. Actually shy, with a high IQ, she was considered difficult and was voted the least cooperative actress in 1943.
Fontaine married actor Brian Aherne in August 1939 and they divorced in 1944, the year that she made "Jane Eyre." By 1964, she made a fourth marriage, which also ended in divorce.
Of her some 50 films, only a handful were memorable. She also did over 40 radio plays and TV from 1956.
- spouse relationship with Aherne, Brian (born 2 May 1902). Notes: Happy
- sibling relationship with De Havilland, Olivia (born 1 July 1916)
- Family : Parents divorced 1919 (Left Japan for U.S.)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1935 (Film and stage debut)
- Work : Prize 1940 (Oscar)
- Work : Prize 1941 (Oscar Award)
- Work : Lose social status 1943 (Voted "least cooperative actress")
- Relationship : Marriage 1964 (Fourth marriage)
Church of Light quotes Gilbert Ibarra, from her mom
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (International travel)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Sister)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Unpleasant childhood)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Japanese stepmother)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Japan and U.S.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Two)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women