|Birthname||Calista Kay Flockhart|
|born on||11 November 1964 at 09:06 (= 09:06 AM )|
|Place||Freeport, Illinois, 42n18, 89w37|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°16' 09°26 Asc. 16°25'|
American actress, very skinny with a wide mouth, expressive, who is a major star of the late '90s with her lead role in "Aly McBeal," playing a ditsy but capable Boston lawyer. A serious Broadway actress, she copped a Tony nomination in 1997 for her role in Chekhov's "Three Sisters," and planned a career in drama, hardly aiming for a light hearted, off-beat TV series.
In 1993 her primary role was that of the starving artist, living on canned ravioli and making $400 for eight weeks work off-Broadway. When she took the role of Aly, she figured that at the least, it would give her a financial cushion. Instead, it made her a star. Fan mail poured in and she began to find herself increasingly included in the ranks of the in-crowd.
Flockhart had a nomadic childhood, moving with her folks and older brother from Illinois to Minnesota, New York and New Jersey as her dad climbed the corporate ladder. After graduating from Rutgers University, she settled in New York and made theater her home. She played in "The Glass Menagerie," "Sophistry," and "All For One," but also had barren periods, making the rounds and scrounging for parts on daytime soaps. Jobs also turned up in Hollywood such as the HBO movie "The Secret Life of Mary-Margaret," 1992 and the Showtime film, "Drunks," 1996.
On the set she is intense, pacing the floor in a trancelike state memorizing her lines. "I've had to let go and not be so hard on myself," she said. At the 1998 Oscar night, when Flockhart appeared in a dress that showed skin stretched over her bones, the buzz dwelt on the possibility of anorexia. She indignantly denied having an eating problem.
Flockhart does not give her age to the media. Her name, Calista, came from her great-grandmother; it means "most beautiful" in Greek. She, as Aly once said, would like to marry and have children, but that part of her success had not yet come together until 1/10/2001, when she announced that she has adopted a baby
boy, not waiting for a marriage partner. She met the biological mother, a medical technician and mother of four, in October 2000 and has prepared a nursery in the four-bedroom Cape Cod-style home she shares with her nine-year-old terrier mix in Los Angeles, CA.
On 1/20/2002, Calista met Harrison Ford after spilling a drink on him at the Golden Globes ceremony and they moved into couple territory. They married on June 15, 2010 in New Mexico.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Ally McBeal (born 8 September 1997). Notes: Played Ally McBeal, 1997-2002
- lover relationship with Ford, Harrison (born 13 July 1942)
- parent->child relationship with Flockhart, Liam (born 1 January 2001)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 ("Secret Life of Mary-Margaret")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 ("Drunks")
- Work : Gain social status 1997 (Tony nomination for "Three Sisters")
Storm Cestavani quotes her as reading her B.C. over the phone, 2000: not confirmed.
- Traits : Body : Size (Extremely thin)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Adopted baby boy)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (Moved often as a kid)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Aly McBeal)