|Birthname||Peggy Gail Fleming|
|born on||27 July 1948 at 15:39 (= 3:39 PM )|
|Place||San Jose, California, 37n20, 121w54|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°45' 19°51 Asc. 29°25'|
American professional skater. She won her first title at the age of 18 and by 2/10/1968 was an Olympic champion as winner of the only U.S. Gold Medal at Grenoble, France. This victory led to a professional skating career with the Ice Follies and work as a television commentator for ABC sports. She won a total of five U.S. figure skating titles, three world championships and an Olympic Medal.
After his third heart attack, her father died in 1966 at the age of 41. Fleming is married to dermatologist Greg Jenkins (since 1970) with whom she has two sons, Andy and Todd.
On 1/30/1998, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had been shown cancer-free with a mammogram five months earlier so was not too concerned when she first noticed a lump in her breast. However, she underwent surgery on 2/10/1998, 30 years to the date after winning her Olympic gold medal. On 2/12/1998, she was told that the operation had been a success. She turned her victory into vocal advocacy for breast cancer awareness.
In the tightly close knit family of competitive skaters, Fleming has grown close to the younger generations, with whom she often skates in shows and covers in competitions. She fills a role of both mentor and den mother. Her autobiography is titled "The Long Program: Skating Toward Life's Victories."
- Work : Prize 1968 (Olympics prize)
- Health : Medical procedure 10 February 1998 in Los Gatos (Breast cancer surgery)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Contemporary American Horoscopes and Gauquelin Book of American Charts (Fleming had formerly given 3:00 PM to Mary Lee Lewis, AFA 2/71.)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Breast, chemotherapy, remission)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Married 1970)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (TV commentator and sportscaster)
- Vocation : Sports : Skating (Champion and pro.)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Gold Medal)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women