|Birthname||Roberta Cleopatra Flack|
|born on||10 February 1937 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Black Mountain, North Carolina, 35n37, 82w19|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°20' 10°49 Asc. 03°23'|
American singer; multi-talented musician, composer, arranger, pianist and singer. Raised in a musical family, Flack began playing classical piano at the age of nine. While working as a high school teacher, she also worked as an accompanist to an opera singer until she was discovered in 1968.
She released "First Take," her debut album in 1969 but it was not until 1972 that she rose to stardom with her hit "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." Her career took off when the song was used in Clint Eastwood's film, "Play Misty for Me".
A four-time Grammy winner who puts her whole heart and soul into her music, Flack's popularity kept her on the charts throughout the 1980s with her easy-listening, R&B style classics. In 1998, after a remake of her biggest hit, "Killing Me Softly" was recorded by the rap group, The Fugees, she once more scored to the top of the charts. The resurgence of interest was followed by a North American tour.
Flack hosts her own weekly, two-hour syndicated radio program called "Brunch With Roberta Flack" in which she spins discs and reminisces about her days as a pop star. She is currently divorced and lives with her two dogs and two cats in the Dakota apartment building complex in Manhattan.
- Work : Gain social status 1968 (Finally discovered)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1972 (Reaching stardom with "The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face")
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Dogs and cats)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (High school)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Syndicated radio talk show)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano from age nine)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (R& B)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Four)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection