|born on||25 August 1929 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Neuilly sur Seine, France, 48n53, 2e16|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°59' 05°03 Asc. 21°54'|
French writer of novels, essays and travel books. Much of his writing explores homosexual experience and creativity.
Fernandez's literary career began in 1958 with a study of the modern Italian novel. He then worked as a literary critic for the weekly, L'Express and as a reader for the publishers Grasset. He holds a regular column in the Swiss magazine of art and culture : Artpassions.
- Relationship : Marriage 1961 (2 children, divorced 1971)
- Work : Prize 1974 (Prix Médicis for Porporino ou les Mystères de Naples)
- Work : Prize 1982 (Prix Goncourt for Pier Paolo Pasolini)
- Work : Great Achievement 2007 (elected member Académie Française)
Didier Geslain archive, 'f' pdf file, p. 38 (EC DG 491).
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (literature)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (novels)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor