|Birthname||Ferguson, Colin Alfred|
|born on||14 January 1958|
|Place||Kingston, Jamaica, 18n00, 76w48|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American multiple homicide killing five and wounding 18 in a crowded commuter train at Garden City, NY. On 12/07/1993 he boarded the Long Island railroad at Pennsylvania station at 5:33 PM, carrying a 9-millimeter pistol and 160 rounds of ammo. He rose in the moving train, shooting strangers.
Ferguson was one of five sons with a privileged childhood in Jamaica. When his folks died in 1969 and 1970, the family scattered. Colin emigrated to the U.S. September 1982 where he worked at menial jobs. He made a marriage on 5/13/1986 that was stormy enough to have to cops interfere on occasion, a marriage that fell apart in late 1987.
Working as a clerk, Colin fell off a stool, hurting his neck and back, making him eligible for disability. Attempting to gain an education, he fought with teachers, a paranoid racist. His life on the whole seemed to be going downhill.
In a bizarre trial, Colin acted as his own attorney, repeating his claim that the shooter was a white guy who stole Colin's gun from his bag while he slept. In spite of likening himself to a martyred saint, the jury sentenced him to life on 3/22/1995.
LMR quotes data from clippings; time unknown
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide many at once (Killed 5 wounded 18)
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Racist)
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (One of five boys)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Well-to-do family)
- Family : Childhood : Family distant (Family scattered after 1970)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Less than a year)
- Vocation : Miscellaneous : Handyman (Menial jobs)