|born on||6 August 1924 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||Alassio, Italy, 44n00, 8e10|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°58' 26°02 Asc. 10°19'|
Italian journalist and president of the Italia Nostra since January 1987. Fazio worked as a freelance correspondent in Australia, Latin America, Africa and the U.S. for dailies and weeklies, 1949-1957. From there he joined "La Stampa" as a special correspondent, well known for his important reports on the environmental conditions and the study of urban and ecological issues. Moving up to editor-in-chief for the "Italia Nostra," he continued contributing to La Stampa, besides writing reviews, weeklies and TV programs.
Fazio was awarded with the St. Vincent in 1967, the Duchi di Galliera for the protection of the Italian environment and the IN/ARCH National Prize in 1989.
He was married to Speranza Preve, they had three kids. He enjoyed sailing in his spare time.
Fazio died May 1, 2004 in Liguria, Italy, age 79.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1949 (Freelance correspondent, eight years)
- Work : Prize 1967 (St. Vincent Award)
- Work : Prize 1989 (IN/ARCH National Award)
Bordoni quotes B.C., Vol. 4
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (President of the Italian Nostra)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor-in-chief)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Sailing)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)