|Birthname||Maurice James Christopher Cole|
|born on||25 December 1944 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Crosby, England, 53n30, 3w02|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||03°10' 05°05 Asc. 20°52'|
British actor and comedian. A radio D.J., he entered the film industry in 1965 and became star of his own TV series in the '70s.
As a kid, Kenny had so strong a religious drive that at age 12 he took two years study toward a future goal of the priesthood. He had difficulty coming to terms with his homosexuality and reconciling his lifestyle with his draw toward Deity. In show business he became famous for his bad taste and his flaunting of camp and outrage with such brilliant alter-egos as biker Sid Snot and busty Cupid Stunt. He was with Radio One from 12/25/1967 but increasingly made the sponsors nervous about how far he might go. One day when he told a comparatively tame joke on the air about a Cabinet Minister's wife, 7/18/1970, it gave Radio One bosses the opening to fire him.
During the summer 1975, he came out of the closet to his wife and himself and by the mid-'80s, spoke openly to the press about his sexuality.
At the peak of his fame, Kenny was drawing some 15 million viewers when he walked away from TV, 1989.
Married for 16 years, he was HIV+; died of AIDS 4/04/1995.
- Work : New Job 1965 (Entered the film industry)
- Work : Retired 1989 (Retired at the peak of his fame)
- Death by Disease 4 April 1995 (AIDS, age 48)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Disease 5 April 1995 (AIDS, age 48)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frank C. Clifford quotes autobiography "Custard Stops at Hadfield," Willow Books, 1982, p.8. Data given in British Entertainers, Flare Publications 1997
Sy Scholfield quotes same data from Everett in "Meet the Computer That Can Cast Your Future" by Janice Morley, Daily Express, 22 June 1979, p. 21: "Born December 25, 1944, 3 a.m. in his mother's front room in Liverpool."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Aids (Terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (16 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Work : Retirement circumstances (Retired at peak; HIV+)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Catholic; strongly religious)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (D.J.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality