|Birthname||Leonce Errol Sims|
|born on||3 July 1881 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Sydney, Australia, 33s52, 151e13|
|Timezone||LMT m151e13 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°06' 20°53 Asc. 11°34'|
Australian-born actor, a versatile talent and noted early Ziegfeld star called "The man with the rubber legs."
Although he thought he wanted to become a physician his medical studies were cut short when he came down with the acting bug. He began touring Australia and New Zealand, performing in anything he could--from circuses to Shakespeare.
In 1905, he arrived in the US and entered the world of burlesque. In 1911, he worked with Flo Ziegfield and traveled to Europe and through the US, performing with the troupe. He perfomed in films as well, at first in the silent film error and later in sound films and television.
He died of a heart attack on 12 October 1951.
- associate relationship with Velez, Lupe (born 18 July 1908). Notes: Co-star in in the "Mexican Spitfire" movies
- (has as) boss relationship with Arbuckle, "Fatty" (born 24 March 1887). Notes: Managed him in a vaudeville company troupe
- Family : Change residence 1905 (moved to US)
Wynn magazine 1/l945 for July 3, 1884 at 9 AM in Sydney, Australia.
In 2006, this year of birth was changed to 1881 based on an e-mail to Pat Taglilatelo from Sy Scholfield who writes: Leon Errol (1881-1951). BORN: Leonce Errol Sims, 3 July 1881, 09:00 (9AM) LMT, Sydney, Australia. Year of birth from government records (NSW Pioneer Births Index): Leonce Errol SIMS, born 1881, son of Joseph & Elizabeth Sims, birth registered in Sydney . Day & Month from various biographies (I can't find any birth notice in the Sydney Morning Herald). Time of birth from "Wynn's Astrology Magazine" (January 1945) which gives 9AM and a (wrong) birth year of 1884, no source."
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Terminal attack)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy ("The man with the rubber legs")