|born on||22 May 1770 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||01°11' 24°46 Asc. 02°02'|
A member of the British Royal Family, she was the seventh child and third daughter of King George III and Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. After marrying the Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg, Frederick VI, she took permanent residence in Germany under the title Landgravine.
It is alleged that Princess Elizabeth went through a form of marriage with George Ramus (1747-1808) and bore him a daughter, Eliza, in 1788. George Ramus was the son of Nicholas Ramus, who had been Page to Elizabeth's father King George. Any such marriage would have been null and void under the Royal Marriages Act 1772, but several of Elizabeth's brothers contracted similar alliances with commoners before marrying German princesses later in life.
During a ball in the British royal court in 1814 Elizabeth got to know the German Prince Frederick of Hesse-Homburg. When Elizabeth saw the Austrian officer in his elegant Hussar's uniform, she is supposed to have said: "If he is single, I will marry him!". Against all resistance the wedding took place on 7 April 1818 in Buckingham Palace in Westminster.
On 20 January 1820, Frederick succeeded his father as the Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg. Thanks to Elizabeth's dowry and annual allowance, he was able to remodel the palace in Homburg. For her part, Landgravine Elizabeth could bid farewell to the rigid court etiquette she had disliked in England and as one would say today, "find herself", as she could do much as she liked in her new environs.
She died on 10 January 1840 at age 69 in Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany.
- child->parent relationship with George III, King of England (born 4 June 1738)
- sibling relationship with Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge (born 24 February 1774)
- sibling relationship with Alfred, Prince of Great Britain (born 22 September 1780)
- sibling relationship with Amelia, Princess (born 7 August 1783)
- sibling relationship with Augusta Sophia, Princess (born 8 November 1768)
- sibling relationship with Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex (born 27 January 1773)
- sibling relationship with Charlotte, Princess (1766) (born 29 September 1766)
- sibling relationship with Ernst August I, King of Hanover (born 5 June 1771)
- sibling relationship with Frederick, Prince (born 16 August 1763)
- sibling relationship with George IV, King of the United Kingdom (born 12 August 1762)
- sibling relationship with Mary, Princess (born 25 April 1776)
- sibling relationship with Octavius, Prince of Great Britain (born 23 February 1779)
- sibling relationship with Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (born 2 November 1767)
- sibling relationship with Sophia, Princess (born 3 November 1777)
- sibling relationship with William IV, King of the United Kingdom (born 21 August 1765)
Sy Scholfield quotes "An Illustration of the Liturgy of the Church of England" by Thomas Pruen (Rivington, 1820), p. 135: "born May 22, 1770, between 8 and 9 o'clock in the morning."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family