Elena de Borbon, Princess
|Birthname||Elena Maria Isabel Hominica de Silos de Borbon|
|born on||20 December 1963 at 14:10 (= 2:10 PM )|
|Place||Madrid, Spain, 40n24, 3w41|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°56' 18°06 Asc. 20°46'|
Spanish royalty, the first daughter of Juan Carlos and Sophia. She married Jaime de Marichalar on 18 March 1995 in Seville in front of 1,300 guests. The 110,000 citizens of the city celebrated the marriage for three days. Borbon and Marichalar met in 1987 while attending the Sorbonne; they courted discreetly and married extravagantly. As the Duke and Duchess of Lugo, they moved to Paris. Her full title is Infanta Elena Maria, Isabel, Dominica de Silos de Borbon y Grecia.
The couple has two children, Felipe, born 17 July 1998, and Victoria, born 9 September 2000.
On 13 November 2007, it was announced that the Infanta had separated from her husband. In November 2009, the Spanish media said that Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar would divorce, although a rumour to that effect had been circulating for a year before the announcement was made. Their divorce papers were signed on 25 November 2009. The Duchess and Duke of Lugo were divorced in December 2009. On 21 January 2010 the divorce was registered at the Civil Registry of the Spanish Royal Family. It was officially announced on 9 February 2010 that Jaime de Marichalar was no longer permitted to use the ducal title and that he was no longer considered to be an official member of the Spanish Royal Family.
- parent->child relationship with Marichalar, Felipe Juan (born 17 July 1998)
- child->parent relationship with Juan Carlos I, King of Spain (born 5 January 1938)
- spouse relationship with Marichalar, Jaime de (born 7 April 1963)
- sibling relationship with Cristina de Borbon, Princess (born 13 June 1965)
- sibling relationship with Felipe VI, King of Spain (born 30 January 1968)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1987 (Jamie de Marichalar)
Grietje Versavel quotes B.C.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Spanish royalty)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of three)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Jaime de Marichalar)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extravagant (Extravagant wedding, three day celebration)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Spain)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women