Eleanor of Aquitaine
|born on||17 September 1122 Jul.Cal. (24 Sep 1122 greg.) at 15:20 (= 3:20 PM )|
|Place||Poitiers, France, 46n35, 0e20|
|Timezone||LMT m0e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||00°31' 26°18 Asc. 26°33'|
British royalty, the wife of King Henry II with their marriage on 5/18/1152, after he came to the throne in September 1151. Henry he ruled England and most of France from 1154, bringing conflict when he tried to make the Catholic Church of England submit to his authority. Two of his sons, Richard the Lionhearted and John became the two kings of England following him.
Ten years older than her husband, Eleanor had been married before to King Louis VII on 8/01/1137, with whom she had three children. She divorced Louis in March 1152, two months before her nuptials with Henry. She was five months pregnant at the time, naming the child Henry. The first of their eight children, he was born on 8/17/1153 and lived only three years. Their second son, born 2/28/1155, was also named Henry, who lived to adulthood and died in 1183. Matilda liver from 1156-1189, Geoffrey, Duke of Brittany, 1158-1186, Eleanor, 1161-1214, Joanna, 1165-1199,John, King of England, 1166-1216. Richard I, the Lionheart, King of England, lived 1157-1199
When King Henry died, 7/06/1189 OS, Chignon, France, Eleanor became regent. Sources described her as having dark eyes and ivory skin, attractive and well dressed.
- spouse relationship with Henry II, King of England (born 5 March 1133 Jul.Cal. (12 Mar 1133 greg.))
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 17 August 1153 (greg.) (Birth of son, Henry)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 28 February 1155 (greg.) (Birth of second son, Henry)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1156 (Birth of daughter Matilda)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1157 (Birth of son, Richard)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1158 (Birth of son, Geoffrey)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1161 (Birth of daughter Eleanor)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1165 (Birth of daughter Joanna)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1166 (Birth of son, John)
Marc Penfield, rectified; dates given in NS.
Event dates are taken from Alison Weir, "Eleanor of Aquitaine."
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Attractive)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (11)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (John and Richard became kings)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)