Edward III, King of England
|Birthname||Edward of Windsor, House of Plantagenet|
|born on||13 November 1312 Jul.Cal. (21 Nov 1312 greg.) at 07:05 (= 07:05 AM )|
|Place||Windsor, England, 51n29, 0w38|
|Timezone||LMT m0w38 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°14' 09°57 Asc. 23°39'|
British royalty, the first born son of Edward II and Isabel of France. He came to the throne in 1327 and immediately invaded Scotland. Though he won major battles, he was forced into losses and retreats by 1374 and spent his last years quarreling with Parliament.
Edward III was the father of Edward, the Black Prince (b. 6/15/1330). He died 6/21/1377 OS.
- parent->child relationship with Edward, the Black Prince (born 15 June 1330 Jul.Cal. (23 June 1330 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Thomas of Woodstock (born 4 January 1355 Jul.Cal. (12 Jan 1355 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Edward II, King of England (born 25 April 1284 Jul.Cal. (2 May 1284 greg.))
- Work : Gain social status 1327 (Crowned King of England)
- Work : Lose social status 1374 (Retreated)
Martin Harvey in Nativitas I quotes a Latin mms which gives "at the beginning of dawn," (Harvey used civil dawn when the sun is depressed six degrees below the horizon for his time calculation). A nativity was painted in glass in one of the Windsor castle windows with 5 Scorpio ASC, equating to 5:21 AM LMT, but Harvey notes that the math calculations were semi-accurate. November 13, 1312 OS.
(Steinbrecher quotes NN 233 for 5:31 AM LMT, from RMP 1882, p.64 (5:45 AM LAT), but his chart has the Sun 21 degrees below the horizon. Mark Penfield quotes Michael Parke, "Edward III," for 5:40 AM.)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First born son)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)