|Birthname||Marc Paul Alain Dutroux|
|born on||6 November 1956 at 07:35 (= 07:35 AM )|
|Place||Ixelles, Belgium, 50n50, 4e22|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°50' 26°00 Asc. 11°26'|
Belgian serial killer who made a career of kidnapping, raping, torturing and killing children. The source of his income was unclear but he had several properties where he kept the kids, quite possibly selling child porno and snuff videos.
An unemployed electrician, he lived in a dilapidated home in Marcinelle, near the French border, where he had a treasure trove of porno videos and photos, many of which showed him abusing young girls. As kids had been disappearing, the community was on alert and when he was seen picking up a 14-year old, someone got the license number of his car and the cops investigated. In the basement they found that he had a 14-year old girl who had vanished three months prior.
In another house that he owned, they found two graves in the garden of two eight-year old girls who had been kidnapped in June 1995. They had been raped, tortured and abused for eight months, then starved to death. Five other people were implicated in the case. In 1989, Dutroux had been given 13 years in prison for raping five young girls between the ages of 12 and 19, but had been released in three years. His pattern dated back to at least 1983 when he was charged in the rape of a 50-year old woman. The kids that he picked up were not usually local, he found them on the streets of Prague and other major cities.
At Dutroux's capture, Belgium erupted in outrage and fury, people demonstrating on the streets at the possibility of his release. As early as September 1995, Dutroux's own mother had urged police to investigate her son, saying, "He is not a normal person."
Though his childhood had been no different from her other four children, he had shown cruelty and greed from youth. He left home at 18 to work as a handyman and at 20, on 3/03/1976, he married a woman with whom he had two sons, now 19 and 17 (in 1996). An abusive husband who beat his wife, he divorced on 1/24/1985. By then he was involved with Michele Martin, a former teacher later convicted as an accomplice to the rapes.
He and Michele married on 12/16/1988 and when Dutroux was released from prison in 1992, they quickly acquired at least six houses, all inexpensive and run-down, in Charleroi and other towns in southwest Belgium. Living on $1,300 a month unemployment, he nonetheless had a healthy bank account. Police suspected that he was trafficking in guns, pornography and prostitution. They confiscated stolen goods that they found but did not arrest Dutroux.
In the summer of 1995, the abductions began along with several violent episodes. On 8/22/1995, two vacationing girls disappeared, ages 17 and 19. They had been snatched, chloroformed and shoved in a van. On December 7, Dutroux was arrested for car theft. When police investigated his home they heard the girl's voices but did not find the cell that Dutroux had built in the basement. When he was released from jail in March, he found the girls dead of starvation. He was so angry at the neglect of his colleague, Weinstein, that he drugged him and buried him alive in the garden.
Other girls were disappearing from the local villages, young teenagers. Finally Dutroux was arrested, along with his wife, on 8/13/1996. He broke down under interrogation and led the police to Sabine Dardenne and Letitia Delhez, both drugged and suffering multiple rapes, locked in the basement cell. Four days later Dutroux led police to the bodies of Juklie, Melissa and Weinstein. Police also uncovered a wide array of porno, including hundreds of videotapes, as well as guns and drugs. Later, more bodies were uncovered to complete the monstrous nightmare.
The Dutroux case gained worldwide attention, not only because of the horrific nature of the crimes, but also the gross negligence and amateurism of police and government officials involved in the investigation, causing the resignation and dismissal of several officials.
- associate relationship with Lelièvre, Michel (born 11 May 1971)
- associate relationship with Pignon, Gerard (born 29 August 1955)
- associate relationship with Weinstein, Bernard (born 4 March 1952)
- spouse relationship with Martin, Michelle (born 15 January 1960)
- (has as) worker relationship with Pierre, Jacques (born 5 December 1954)
- assault/ battery victim relationship with Dardenne, Sabine (born 28 October 1983)
- homicide victim relationship with Lambrecks, Eefje (born 30 January 1976)
- homicide victim relationship with Lejeune, Julie (born 29 November 1986)
- homicide victim relationship with Marchal, An (born 10 December 1977)
- homicide victim relationship with Russo, Mélissa (born 11 September 1986)
- sex crime victim relationship with Dardenne, Sabine (born 28 October 1983)
- Crime : Sex Perpetration/Rape 1983 (Raped 50 year-old woman)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 1989 (Imprisoned for three years)
- Crime : Kidnap Perpetration June 1995 (Kidnapped, raped and tortured two girls for eight months)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Michael Mandl via Grazia Bordoni
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Domestic violence (Beat his first wife)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two boys)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs (Ilegal funds from trafficking, pimping, videos)
- Lifestyle : Financial : On the edge (Owed IRS more than $100,000)
- Lifestyle : Home : Home centered (Owned multiple dilapidated homes)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide serial
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Kidnapper (Used chlorophorm)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (In, out, in again)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Rapist/ Sex crime (Raped and tortured his victims)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Social crime/ delinquent (Possible gun trafficker)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Torturer/ Sadist (Tortured his victims, sadist)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Thief/ Financial crime (Car theft)
- Vocation : Engineer : Electrical (Unemployed electrician)
- Vocation : Sex Business : Porno Market (Child pornography, videos)
- Vocation : Sex Business : Prostitute/ Pimp