|born on||15 April 1858 at 00:30 (= 12:30 AM )|
|Place||Epinal, France, 48n11, 6e27|
|Timezone||LMT m6e27 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°44' 08°50 Asc. 01°15'|
French sociologist often called the father of sociology. His work helped lay the foundation for academia's acceptance of anthropology and sociology as sciences. His first major work on society's division of labor was published in 1893.
Married in 1887 to Louise Dreyfus, he had a son and a daughter. His son Andre died in 1916, fighting in WWI. Soon after, in 1917, Durkheim suffered a stroke and died on November 15, 1917.
- Death, Cause unspecified 15 November 1917
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Child 1916 (Son died in WWI)
Sy Scholfield quotes data from Stjepan Gabriel Mestrovic's book, 'Emile Durkheim and the Reformation of Sociology' (Rowman & Littlefield, 1993), p. 23: 'Durkheim's birth certificate indicates that he was born at half-past midnight on 15 April 1858 at the family home at 6 Rue Leopoldbourg... [in] Epinal.'
- Vocation : Science : Anthropology
- Vocation : Science : Sociology
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor)