|Birthname||Angela Isadora Duncan|
|born on||26 May 1877 at 02:20 (= 02:20 AM )|
|Place||San Francisco, California, 37n47, 122w25|
|Timezone||LMT m122w25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°14' 26°24 Asc. 14°50'|
American dancer from age six, a maverick who broke the code of the ballet, dancing freeform and barefoot. Her books include "The Art of the Dance," a group of essays, and an autobiography, "My Life."
She equally challenged the social codes of the time, bearing three kids by three different lovers. Two of her kids died in an accident on 4/19/1913 when they were ages three and six. Her third child was stillborn in 1914. She married once, on 5/03/1922, to Sergei Yesenin, a poet, to get him out of Russia. He was an alcoholic who cut his wrists and hanged himself 12/28/1925.
Duncan's death was as dramatic as her life. On 9/14/1927, while racing across the countryside at Nice in an open sports car, her fringed scarf caught in the car wheel and snapped her pretty neck. (she died at 21:00 MET)(annot. mik)(BOR-8 via "Corriere")
- lover relationship with Craig, Gordon (born 16 January 1872)
- parent->child relationship with Duncan, Diedre (born 24 September 1906)
- parent->child relationship with Duncan, Stillborn (born 3 August 1914)
- (has as) student relationship with Joyce, Lucia (born 26 July 1907)
- Death of Child 19 April 1913 at 3:30 PM in Paris, France (Son and daughter drowned)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Accident 14 September 1927 at 9:00 PM in Nice (Scarf in car wheel, broke her neck)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Baptismal certificate printed in "Isadora" by Fredrika Blair (1986, p.6); time from Marc Edmund Jones, quoting her brother. Paul Wright collection gave May 27, 1878 at 2:20 AM LMT, San Francisco, from "The Real Isadora" by Jones, data from her brother. C. Harvey writes, "A member commented to me that she was in fact born May 26, 1877, according to the biography by Blair, showing baptismal certificate. In May 2005, Larry Ely writes: "The date used was May 26, 1877 up until the second oldest sibling, her brother Augustin, a few years her senior, gave a testimony before a judge on January 1, 1947, in which Augustin gave the birth dates of the four siblings, giving Isadora's as May 27, 1878. This is one day and one year later than the May 26, 1877 date. There does exist a baptism record as you state in the ADB record, which provides the May 26, 1877 birth date. Due to the great earthquake and fire in San Francisco in 1906, the birth records before that date were destroyed. Biographers who wrote after 1947
caught wind of the January 2, 1947 testimonial, some using this as her birth date. It was on this basis, this publicity, presumably, that Marc Edmund Jones asked Augustin about her birth time and he reported 2:20 am,
which would have been LMT. Presumably the children had a memory of this, or had reconstructed it from memory at some point during her life as she became famous. She did have an interest in the occult in general and comments in her autobiography "My Life" concerning her Sun in Gemini. She may have asked her mother her birth time or remembered it from earlier in
her life if she had had her chart read by an astrologer. It is quite likely that she had her chart read, as she was interested in many occult things and in philosophy and she had a great interest in ancient Greece, where, after all, astrology was largely developed. But one must be suspicious partly about the 2:20 am birth time from Augustin, given that he testified to her birth being a day and a year different from what is given concerning her birth in the church baptism record. But the sibling next older than her, Raymond, was always adamant that her birth date was May 26, 1877, that given on the baptism record. However, having looked at many events in her life from several biographies, it is clear that her birth time was very close to 2:20 am LMT, maybe 20 seconds earlier."
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Eccentric, independent)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Car, fatal)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event (Alcoholic husband a suicide)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three from three lovers, all died)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (One baby stillborn, two drowned)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Liberal)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Scarf caught in car wheel, broke her neck)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Avant guard)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women