|Birthname||Dufy, Raoul Ernest Joseph|
|born on||3 June 1877 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Le Havre, France, 49n30, 0e08|
|Timezone||LMT m0e08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°45' 02°39 Asc. 22°36'|
French artist, a painter who was one of the major artists of the Fauve group and considered a master draftsman. He used a technique that focused everything in terms of the drawing itself. Dufy's method was direct and uncorrected, with a spontaneity about it that had risen from years of training.
From his studio in Montmarte, he painted with a staccato style of a few sure strokes. Through the high windows he could see children playing in the cobbled street. He always put on his glasses to paint, and his round features took on the pained expression of an old child concentrating. His work included oils, watercolors, murals, prints, book illustrations, textile design and ceramics. He also designed ballet sets and costumes.
Dufy died 23 March 1953, Forcalquier, France.
- friend relationship with Friesz, Othon (born 6 February 1879)
Gauquelin Vol 4/352
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Illustrator)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, designer and ceramics)
- Vocation : Art : Stage/ Set design (Ballet sets)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection