|born on||28 July 1887 at 14:00 (= 2:00 PM )|
|Place||Blainville-Crevon, France, 49n3012, 1e1811|
|Timezone||LMT m1e1811 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°07' 17°53 Asc. 17°22'|
French artist best known for his irreverent work and enigmatic persona. He introduced a new mode of artistic interpretation of reality by which everyday objects became vehicles for ideas, becoming a major influence on the Dada movement. His art could easily be summarized as 'modern contempt;' he felt that sacrosanct attitudes stifled creativity, especially among young artists. His first mature work, "Nude Descending a Staircase" caused immense controversy when it was exhibited in Paris in 1912, then in New York, in 1913. His irreverence was also shown by putting a moustache and goatee on a Mona Lisa postcard, and entitling it with a French obscenity.
Witty and complicated, Duchamp married late in life, at 67, to Alexina Sattler, the former daughter-in-law of Henri Matisse. They were married 14 years until his death.
He was considered to be a Renaissance man, known for, among other things, a handsome face and smile, a seductive bearing, wit, cunning, earthiness and a markedly regal presence.
Obsessed with chess, he played it professionally, often abandoning his art to devote time to the game. In 1920, he abandoned art entirely. He remarked that "The life of an artist is like the life of a monk--a lewd monk. It is an ordination." When once asked to describe himself, he said: "I am a breather."
Duchamp died 10/02/1968 inNeuilly-sur-Seine, France.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1912 (First mature work exhibited in Paris)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1913 (First mature work exhibited in New York)
- Work : Retired 1920 (Retired from art, full-time chess)
- Work : New Career 1966 (Entered politics)
- Death, Cause unspecified 2 October 1968 (Age 81)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1972 (Premier, two years)
- Work : New Job 1984 (Prime Minister of Grenadine, three terms)
Gauquelin Vol 6/276
Biography: Calvin Tomkins, "Duchamp: A Biography."
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Handsome face and smile)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Enigmatic, complicated)
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Married at age 67)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat (Premier)
- Vocation : Sports : Games - Bridge/ Chess/ Other (Pro chess player)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession