|Birthname||Richard Stephen Dreyfuss|
|born on||29 October 1947 at 18:07 (= 6:07 PM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°41' 07°16 Asc. 00°57'|
American actor who rose to prominence in the early '70s in a wide range of roles. Dreyfus had an image that was cocksure, even arrogant, a stocky, curly-haired youth with early roles that often portrayed the young man searching for identity. His films include "The Graduate," 1967, "Jaws" 1976 and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," 1978. He won the Oscar in 1977 for "Goodbye Girl", becoming the youngest person ever to receive the Best Actor award.
Born to an attorney father and housewife mother in Bayside, Queens, New York, Richard was familiar with drugs and alcohol from the time he was 15. During his 30s, he went through a period of heavy coke and alcohol abuse. In 1982, he managed to wrap a Mercedes 450SL around a palm tree. He survived, but was arrested for illegal possession of cocaine and Percodan. He went into court-ordered rehabilitation in lieu of a trial and the felonies were later dropped.
Dreyfus met his wife, Jeramie Rain, a writer and producer at a party in 1983, and proposed ten days later. They married in March 1983. Jeramie has systemic lupus erythematosis (commonly called lupus). They have a daughter, Emily, born 11/19/1983, and a son, Benjamin, born in June 1986. Son Harry was born 8/11/1990 in the "evening" in Los Angeles. Benjamin has a rare eye abnormality called "Peter's anomaly", and eventually lost the sight in his left eye. Their marriage ended in 1992. He rebounded into the arms of Laura Cayouette, but that romance fizzled after two years. After courting a sexy accountant 17 years his junior, Janelle Lacey. and after a year long engagement, they married at his L.A. home in an outdoor ceremony 5/30/1999.
With a deepened appreciation of the good fortunes in his life and a career back on track, Dreyfus has worked through the bad times and his slump of the '80s, to make a terrific comeback in "Postcards From the Edge," 1990, "What About Bob?" 1991 and the touching drama, "Mr. Holland's Opus," 1996.
He recently discovered golf as a hobby and is auditing college history courses in Sun Valley, ID, the home of his ex-wife, Jeramie, and their three kids.
The actor married Svetlana Brokhin on March 16, 2006 in Harrisonburg, VA.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1967 (Film, "The Graduate")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1976 (Film, "Jaws")
- Work : Prize 1977 (Best Actor Oscar)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1978 (Film, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind")
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1983 (Future wife, Jeramie Rain)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Film, "Postcards From the Edge")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 11 August 1990 at 12:00 noon in Los Angeles, CA (Third child, second son born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1991 (Film, "What About Bob?")
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1992 (From Jeramie)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Film, "Mr. Holland's Opus")
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship January 1999 (Announced engagement to Janelle)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Diane Zeines quotes him in Mercury Hour 1/82 "about 6:00 to 6:15 PM."
- Traits : Body : Hair (Curly)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Stocky)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Car)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Familiar with drugs and alcohol from age 15)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event (Wife has lupus)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son has "Peter's anomaly," lost vision in one eye)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Golf)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Drug business (Illegal possession of cocaine and Percodan)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Voice on Honda commercials)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Yougest person ever to receive Best Actor)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection