|Birthname||Joel Andrew Douglas|
|born on||23 January 1947 at 05:45 (= 05:45 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°43' 16°17 Asc. 12°25'|
American movie producer, the second son of Hollywood actor Kirk Douglas and Diana Dill. He chose not to follow his father and older brother into acting, opting instead to work behind the camera, producing several movies throughout the 1970s and 80s. Much of Douglas' work has centered on projects involving his family, including acting as co-producer on The Jewel of the Nile and Romancing the Stone, being an assistant director on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and in 2003, acting as associate producer on It Runs in the Family, which featured Kirk, Michael and Michael's son Cameron.
- child->parent relationship with Douglas, Kirk (born 9 December 1916)
- sibling relationship with Douglas, Eric (born 21 June 1958)
- sibling relationship with Douglas, Michael (born 25 September 1944)
- sibling relationship with Douglas, Peter (born 23 November 1955)
Sy Scholfield quotes "The Ragman's Son: An Autobiography" by Kirk Douglas (1988; Pocket, 1990), p. 126: "Joel was born at quarter to six [in the morning];" same data from his mother in "In the Wings: A Memoir" by Diana Douglas Darrid (Barricade, 1999), p. 129: "At a quarter to six, Joel Andrew Douglas made his appearance." Date, place and full name from the California births index.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (Douglas family)