Dorothea Sibylle von Brandenburg
|born on||9 October 1590 Jul.Cal. (19 Oct 1590 greg.) at 23:59 (= 11:59 PM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°14' 23°24 Asc. 16°56'|
German nobility, a Princess of Brandenburg and by marriage Duchess of Brieg.
She was one of the eleven children born to John George, Elector of Brandenburg by his third wife Princess Elisabeth of Anhalt-Zerbst.
On 12 December 1610 in Berlin she married Duke Johann Christian von Brieg (1591-1639). They had 13 children. Dorothea Sibylle, who was considered affable and pious, had significant influence on the conversion of her husband to the continental Reformed church, a Calvinist church which had its origin in the European continent.
She died on 9 March 1625 in Brieg.
- parent->child relationship with Christian von Liegnitz-Brieg (born 9 April 1618 Jul.Cal. (19 Apr 1618 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Georg III. von Brieg (born 4 September 1611 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig IV. von Liegnitz (born 19 April 1616 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Sibylle Margarethe von Brieg (born 20 June 1620 Jul.Cal. (30 June 1620 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth von Anhalt-Zerbst (born 15 September 1563 Jul.Cal. (25 Sep 1563 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Johann Georg, Elector of Brandenburg (born 11 September 1525 Jul.Cal. (21 Sep 1525 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Agnes von Brandenburg, Duchess of Pomerania (born 17 July 1584 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian von Brandenburg-Bayreuth (born 30 January 1581 Jul.Cal. (9 Feb 1581 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Sophie von Brandenburg (born 4 July 1589 Jul.Cal. (14 July 1589 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich IX von Brandenburg (born 22 March 1588 Jul.Cal. (1 Apr 1588 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg Albrecht von Brandenburg (born 20 November 1591 Jul.Cal. (30 Nov 1591 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joachim Ernst von Brandenburg-Ansbach (born 12 June 1583 Jul.Cal. (22 June 1583 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joachim Friedrich von Brandenburg (born 27 January 1546 Jul.Cal. (6 Feb 1546 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Magdalena von Brandenburg (born 7 January 1582 Jul.Cal. (17 Jan 1582 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg (born 6 June 1568 Jul.Cal. (16 June 1568 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 299: "Dorothea Sybilla, geboren 1590 in der Mitternacht vom 19ten auf den 20ten Oct. Haftitius sezt wieber 9ten Oct. an." [Translation: Dorothea Sybilla, born in 1590 at midnight between the 19th and 20th Oct. Haftitius posits again Oct 9th.] Scholfield notes that 9 Oct [OS] equals 19 Oct [NS].
- Notable : Famous : Royal family