Doderer, Heimito Von
|born on||5 September 1896 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Weidling, Austria, 48n17, 16e19|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°15' 13°20 Asc. 03°47'|
Austrian novelist, a foremost writer of the post-war years. He wrote 11 novels which give an evocative and unsentimental portrait of Vienna before and after WW II, including "The Studlohof Steps," 1951 and "The Demons," 1961, with which he established his reputation. He stresses a theme of characters who are unable to accept the complexities of modern life who take refuge in a private world.
Doderer died on 12/23/1966 of cancer, Vienna, Austria.
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing (Marketing)
- Vocation : Sports : Games - Bridge/ Chess/ Other
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Misc. : Utilities/Phone/Cable/TV (Utilities)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection